Today we’ve come to the last Saturday of October. I hope these little tributes to the Rosary this month have been enjoyable for you to read as they were for me to write. And I pray and hope more people out there decide to take up the devotion of the Rosary, and share it with others as well! By praying the Rosary we only advance in the spiritual life, and brought even closer to the Sacred of Heart of Jesus through the Immaculate Heart of Mary.
Our Lady’s recent message has lately been having me think about selfishness. For those who missed it, here’s the whole message:
“Dear children! Today I am calling you: pray for peace. Leave selfishness and live the messages which I am giving you. Without them, you cannot change your life. By living prayer, you will have peace. By living in peace, you will feel the need to witness, because you will discover God whom you now feel to be far away. Therefore, little children, pray, pray, pray and permit God to enter into your hearts. Return to fasting and confession so as to overcome the evil in you and around you. Thank you for having responded to my call.”
We’re not immune to selfishness; it happens to the best of us. It can deceive us in the most subtle ways, disguising itself as something harmless as we’re unknowingly dragged along for the ride. We set our sights on our own desires and vanities, focusing all our energies on satisfying ourselves with meaningless things. We worry more about what we expect out of others, or what we’ll get out of something, instead of thinking about what is expected of us especially from Jesus and Mary.
Selfishness creates a kind of turmoil within us; a tireless search for fulfilling our own will, and a loss of love. When this happens we shut out God, and because of that, no matter how hard we try, we do not find peace and cannot love.
Our Lady asks us to leave our selfish ways, and to listen to her messages because she wants to lead us to a better life, to true peace, to her Son. She knows how much we need Him, because when we have Jesus in our hearts we have everything.
When we start living our lives selflessly for God, everything else simply falls into place. The voids within us are filled, we experience joy and gratitude by living our lives according to His will, and we come to understand what truly matters in life. Then we are able to live peace and spread that peace to others, too.
Here are five messages we can use today with our Rosaries to help us meditate on weeding out the pride and selfishness within us, and help us to strive for humility, selflessness, and love. To put God’s will ahead of our own will, and set our hearts on all that is pleasing to Jesus and Mary.
1) April 25, 1996 – “Dear children! Today I invite you again to put prayer in the first place in your families. Little children, when God is in the first place, then you will, in all that you do, seek the will of God. In this way your daily conversion will become easier. Little children, seek with humility that which is not in order in your hearts, and you shall understand what you have to do. Conversion will become a daily duty that you will do with joy. Little children, I am with you, I bless you all and I invite you to become my witnesses by prayer and personal conversion. Thank you for having responded to my call.”
2) November 2, 2011 – “Dear children, the Father has not left you to yourselves. Immeasurable is His love, the love that is bringing me to you, to help you to come to know Him, so that, through my Son, all of you can call Him ‘Father’ with the fullness of heart; that you can be one people in God’s family. However, my children, do not forget that you are not in this world only for yourselves, and that I am not calling you here only for your sake. Those who follow my Son think of the brother in Christ as of their very selves and they do not know selfishness. That is why I desire that you be the light of my Son, that to all those who have not come to know the Father – to all those who wander in the darkness of sin, despair, pain and loneliness – you may illuminate the way and that, with your life, you may show them the love of God. I am with you. If you open your hearts, I will lead you. Again I am calling you: pray for your shepherds. Thank you.”
3) March 2, 2016 – “Dear children, My coming to you is a gift from the Heavenly Father for you. Through His love I am coming to help you to find the way to the truth, to find the way to my Son. I am coming to confirm the truth to you. I desire to remind you of the words of my Son. He pronounced words of salvation for the entire world, the words of love for everyone – that love which He proved by His sacrifice. But even today, many of my children do not know Him, they do not want to come to know Him, they are indifferent. Because of their indifference my heart suffers painfully. My Son has always been in the Father. By being born on earth He brought the divine and from me received the human. With Him the word came among us. With Him came the light of the world which penetrates hearts, illuminates them and fills them with love and consolation. My children, all those who love my Son can see Him, because His face can be seen through the souls which are filled with love for Him. Therefore, my children, my apostles, listen to me. Leave vanity and selfishness. Do not live only for what is earthly and material. Love my Son and make it so that others may see His face through your love for Him. I will help you to come to know Him all the more. I will speak to you about Him. Thank you.”
4) February 2, 2012 – “Dear children; I am with you for so much time and already for so long I have been pointing you to God’s presence and His infinite love, which I desire for all of you to come to know. And you, my children? You continue to be deaf and blind as you look at the world around you and do not want to see where it is going without my Son. You are renouncing Him – and He is the source of all graces. You listen to me while I am speaking to you, but your hearts are closed and you are not hearing me. You are not praying to the Holy Spirit to illuminate you. My children, pride has come to rule. I am pointing out humility to you. My children, remember that only a humble soul shines with purity and beauty because it has come to know the love of God. Only a humble soul becomes heaven, because my Son is in it. Thank you. Again I implore you to pray for those whom my Son has chosen – those are your shepherds.”
5) April 2, 2012 – “Dear children, As the Queen of Peace, I desire to give peace to you, my children, true peace which comes through the heart of my Divine Son. As a mother I pray that wisdom, humility and goodness may come to reign in your hearts – that peace may reign – that my Son may reign. When my Son will be the ruler in your hearts, you will be able to help others to come to know Him. When heavenly peace comes to rule over you, those who are seeking it in the wrong places, thus causing pain to my motherly heart, will recognize it. My children, great will be my joy when I see that you are accepting my words and that you desire to follow me. Do not be afraid, you are not alone. Give me your hands and I will lead you. Do not forget your shepherds. Pray that in their thoughts they may always be with my Son who called them to witness Him. Thank you.”