We all desire peace. Peace of mind, in our homes, families and lives. But sometimes how we seek peace can leave us feeling even more troubled or empty than we began. We could make the mistake thinking money, status, or material possessions will make everything easy-breezy. Then we wake up and realize not much has changed.
We’ve all been there, and some of us had to even come to that conclusion the hard way. Everything in life is passing. Easy come, easy go. Money, friends, careers, material things; like one giant revolving door.
So, if nothing out there is going to give us true peace, then what?
Well, let’s listen to the Lord:
Peace I bequeath to you,
my own peace I give you,
a peace which the world cannot give,
this is my gift to you.
Do not let your hearts be troubled or afraid. [John 14:37]
This is huge. In fact, it’s so huge I don’t think our human minds can even realize just how amazing this is. We are not being given some run-of-the-mill “peace” here. You know, the kind that fills you up today and tomorrow disappears; the world’s version of peace.
No, we are being given peace that belongs to God Himself. His peace! A kind of peace that can weather the storms of life, or the arrows and slings of the world’s godless ideologies. A peace that reassures and confirms to us that His love and mercy is infinite beyond our understanding, and that He takes care of us better than we know. A peace no one can take away from us because it is His.
This is a wonderful gift from our Blessed Lord! And if we open our hearts to receive this gift we will truly begin to reap the powerful benefits of it, and give witness to His glory.
Our Lady has been sent among us to show us how to open up to this peace, to her Son. It’s only right that she be the one to do so since she is the Queen of Peace. She wants us to let Jesus into our hearts and lives, to let His peace be our peace. Through prayer, fasting, and contemplating the Divine Providence we, too, can cement the peace of the Lord within us as well.
Let’s meditate on Our Lady’s words today about peace, and work towards opening our hearts more and more each day to accept and live the peace of Jesus!
1) April 2, 2012 – “Dear children, As the Queen of Peace, I desire to give peace to you, my children, true peace which comes through the heart of my Divine Son. As a mother I pray that wisdom, humility and goodness may come to reign in your hearts – that peace may reign – that my Son may reign. When my Son will be the ruler in your hearts, you will be able to help others to come to know Him. When heavenly peace comes to rule over you, those who are seeking it in the wrong places, thus causing pain to my motherly heart, will recognize it. My children, great will be my joy when I see that you are accepting my words and that you desire to follow me. Do not be afraid, you are not alone. Give me your hands and I will lead you. Do not forget your shepherds. Pray that in their thoughts they may always be with my Son who called them to witness Him. Thank you.”
2) September 25, 2016 – “Dear children! Today, I am calling you to prayer. May prayer be life to you. Only in this way will your heart be filled with peace and joy. God will be near you and you will feel Him in your heart as a friend. You will speak with Him as with someone whom you know and, little children, you will have a need to witness, because Jesus will be in your heart and you, united in Him. I am with you and love all of you with my motherly love. Thank you for having responded to my call.”
3) May 25, 2006 – “Dear children! Also today I call you to put into practice and to live my messages that I am giving you. Decide for holiness, little children, and think of heaven. Only in this way, will you have peace in your heart that no one will be able to destroy. Peace is a gift, which God gives you in prayer. Little children, seek and work with all your strength for peace to win in your hearts and in the world. Thank you for having responded to my call.”
4) June 25, 1997 – “Dear children! Today I am with you in a special way and I bring you my motherly blessing of peace. I pray for you and I intercede for you before God, so that you may comprehend that each of you is a carrier of peace. You cannot have peace if your heart is not at peace with God. That is why, little children, pray, pray, pray, because prayer is the foundation of your peace. Open your heart and give time to God so that He will be your friend. When true friendship with God is realized, no storm can destroy it. Thank you for having responded to my call.”
5) November 25, 2008 – “Dear children! Also today I call you, in this time of grace, to pray for little Jesus to be born in your heart. May He, who is peace itself, give peace to the entire world through you. Therefore, little children, pray without ceasing for this turbulent world without hope, so that you may become witnesses of peace for all. May hope begin to flow through your hearts as a river of grace. Thank you for having responded to my call.”