As we know, St. Dominic and Blessed Alan de la Roche were strong advocates of the Rosary, dedicating their lives to praying and spreading it as much as they possibly could.
In the thirteenth century, St. Dominic and Blessed Alan received the following promises from Our Lady for all those who faithfully pray the Rosary.
- Whoever shall faithfully serve me by the recitation of the rosary, shall receive signal graces.
- I promise my special protection and the greatest graces to all those who shall recite the rosary.
- The rosary shall be a powerful armor against hell. It will destroy vice, decrease sin, and defeat heresies.
- It will cause virtue and good works to flourish; it will obtain for souls the abundant mercy of God; it will withdraw the hearts of men from the love of the world and its vanities. Oh, that souls would sanctify themselves by this means!
- The soul which recommends itself to me by the recitation of the rosary, shall not perish.
- Whoever shall recite the rosary devoutly, applying himself to the consideration of its scared mysteries shall never be conquered by misfortune. God will not chastise him in His justice, and he shall not perish by an unprovided death; if he be just he shall remain in the grace of God and become worthy of eternal life.
- Whoever shall have a true devotion for the rosary shall not die without the sacraments of the Church.
- Those who are faithful to recite the rosary shall have during their life and at their death the light of God and the fullness of His graces, and at the moment of death they shall participate in the merits of the saints in paradise.
- I shall deliver from purgatory those who have been devoted to the rosary.
- The faithful children of the rosary shall merit a high degree of glory in heaven.
- You shall obtain all you ask of me by the recitation of the rosary.
- All those who propagate the holy rosary shall be aided by me in their necessities.
- I have obtained from my Divine Son that all the advocates of the rosary shall have for intercessors the entire celestial court during their life and at the hour of death.
- All who recite the rosary are my beloved children, the brothers and sisters of Jesus Christ.
- Devotion of my rosary is a great sign of predestination.
Why pray the rosary? Well, you’ve got 15 beautiful reasons!
Imagine if everyone knew about the promises of the Rosary, then the whole world would be praying it! And it’d look a whole lot different than it does now. God’s peace would reign on earth, and the mess we’ve become accustomed to now would be but a distant memory.