I’ve said previously how in practically every apparition, Our Lady urges her children to pray the rosary. Medjugorje is no different. Personally, I love when Our Lady talks about the Rosary because we are then receiving first-hand confirmation from Heaven just how powerful, effective, and beloved the Rosary truly is. I don’t know about you, but that’s HUGE! And when she does this she also encourages us to keep on praying the Rosary, and helps us to recognize just how much us and the entire would gains through it.
It’s not difficult to see the state of our world; it’s practically hanging by a thread. We all can agree how much the world needs prayer. And we all have our families, friends, and neighbors to pray for, too. For peace, good health, strength, graces, and protection. There’s so much to pray for that, honestly, there’s never a reason not to pray the Rosary.
Here’s what Sister Lucia of Fatima once said about the Rosary:
“There is no problem, no matter how difficult it is, whether temporal or above all spiritual, in the personal life of each one of us, of our families, of the families of the world, or of the religious communities, or even the life of peoples and nations, that can not be solved by the Rosary. There is no problem, I tell you, no matter how difficult it is, that we can not resolve by the prayer of the Holy Rosary. With the Holy Rosary, we will save ourselves. We will sanctify ourselves. We will console Our Lord and obtain the salvation of many souls.”
Chief Exorcist Father Amorth also spoke much of the power of the Rosary, too:
One day a colleague of mine heard the devil say during an exorcism: “Every Hail Mary is like a blow on my head. If Christians knew how powerful the Rosary was, it would be my end.”
The secret that makes this prayer so effective is that the Rosary is both prayer and meditation. It is addressed to the Father, to the Blessed Virgin, and to the Holy Trinity, and is a meditation centered on Christ.
I write in addition to the above: Please enunciate each word of the Rosary clearly and distinctly. Do not trample on the heels of the words of anyone with your words. Do not speak over the leader, if you are following, or the responders if you are leading the Rosary. Remember that they also are having a conversation with Mary Our Mother and it is not polite to speak when someone else is speaking.
In the case of public Rosary, there are only two people speaking: the leader and the respondents. Each is speaking to the Blessed Mother and listening carefully to her response within their hearts as they meditate on the scene before them in their consideration of the mystery being spoken of and interpreted and translated into their lives.
Spread this powerful prayer of Exorcism, the Rosary, which contains the Our Father, the Perfect Prayer. Prayed five times in the recitation of each set of the Rosary’s Mysteries, back up by the powerful prayers of our Mother who prays was we pray 53 Hail Marys.
The Eternal Father described to a group of us, through a visionary friend of mine, what happens when we pray the Rosary, saying,
“When you pray Holy Mary Mother of God, pray for us sinners now and at the hour of our death, the Blessed Mother comes instantly to your side to pray with you. And she does not come alone. She brings angels with her. And not just one or two for she is the Queen of Angels, so choirs of angels come with her. And she and Jesus are joined at the heart and cannot be separated, so she brings Jesus with her. Jesus cannot be separated from the Trinity so He brings the Father and the Holy Spirit with Him. And where the Holy Trinity is, all of creation is, and you are surrounded by such beauty and light as you cannot imagine in this life.
Your Mother comes as Our Lady of Grace with her hands outstretched. Rays of light emit from her hands piercing you body, healing you and filling you with graces. This is your inheritance which was poured out from the heart of Jesus on the Cross, when the centurion pierces His Heart with a spear, into the only pure vessel to receive such graces at that time, Your Mother.”
Now as you pray the Rosary, or even just recite one Hail Mary, you receive your portion of these graces. He also said at this time, “Anyone who goes to Mary and prays the Rosary cannot be touched by Satan.”
With all of the reasons stated above, can we really rush through the recitation of this powerful prayer? Would you ever talk fast to anyone saying “I love you?
Let us pray the Rosary with more conviction, faith, hope and love! And let’s take to heart also the words of Sister Lucia and Fr. Amorth. Our rosaries are weapons against evil, but are also tools we can use to secure salvation for ourselves and others. When we pray the Rosary we are in the presence of Jesus, Mary, and the celestial choirs of Angels. Let’s invite Heaven into our hearts and homes, and pray the Rosary!
1) April 25, 2001 – “Dear children! Also today, I call you to prayer. Little children, prayer works miracles. When you are tired and sick and you do not know the meaning of your life, take the Rosary and pray; pray until prayer becomes for you a joyful meeting with your Savior. I am with you, little children, and I intercede and pray for you. Thank you for having responded to my call.”
2) January 25, 1991 – “Dear children! Today, like never before, I invite you to prayer. Let your prayer be a prayer for peace. Satan is strong and desires to destroy not only human life, but also nature and the planet on which you live. Therefore, dear children, pray that through prayer you can protect yourselves with God’s blessing of peace. God has sent me among you so that I may help you. If you so wish, grasp for the rosary. Even the rosary alone can work miracles in the world and in your lives. I bless you and I remain with you for as long as it is God’s will. Thank you for not betraying my presence here and I thank you because your response is serving the good and the peace.”
3) August 8, 1985 – “Dear children! Today I call you especially now to advance against Satan by means of prayer. Satan wants to work still more now that you know he is at work. Dear children, put on the armor for battle and with the Rosary in your hand defeat him! Thank you for having responded to my call.”
4) June 25, 1985 – “I invite you to call on everyone to pray the Rosary. With the rosary you shall overcome all the adversities which Satan is trying to inflict on the Catholic Church. All you priests, pray the Rosary! Dedicate your time to the Rosary!”
5) February 25, 1988 – “Dear children! Today again I am calling you to prayer to complete surrender to God. You know that I love you and am coming here out of love so I could show you the path to peace and salvation for your souls. I want you to obey me and not permit Satan to seduce you. Dear children, Satan is very strong and, therefore, I ask you to dedicate your prayers to me so that those who are under his influence can be saved. Give witness by your life. Sacrifice your lives for the salvation of the world. I am with you, and I am grateful to you, but in heaven you shall receive the Father’s reward which He has promised to you. Therefore, dear children, do not be afraid. If you pray, Satan cannot injure you even a little bit because you are God’s children and He is watching over you. Pray and let the rosary always be in your hand as a sign to Satan that you belong to me. Thank you for having responded to my call.”