All too often some folks believe conversion is a one-time deal after you’re baptized, as if nothing else is expected of us. In reality, conversion is a journey. It’s on-going. It’s day-to-day as long we’re living on this earth. We’re called to grow spiritually, to seek God and His will, strive for holiness, and to be a reflection of His love, mercy and light. We do this by participating in the Sacred Sacraments, prayer, reading Scripture, practicing virtue, fasting, penance, avoiding sin, loving others and working towards living a better life all for the glory of God.
When Our Lady calls for conversions she isn’t just talking about those who’ve never been baptized, she’s talking about even those within the Church. All of us are called to work on our daily conversion. Each of us has a part to play in God’s great plan, which may not be discovered if we neglect to draw closer to Him. We are called to know Him, love Him, and serve Him!
Is conversion easy? No. But God’s grace is sufficient. And with Our Lady here among us, watching over our daily conversion we are most certainly in good hands.
As I mentioned in my previous post, here’s five Medjugorje messages for you to meditate on while praying the rosary today. I will be doing this format during the month of October in honor of the Holy Rosary. Let us ask Jesus and Blessed Mother for the grace to live our conversion with joy, love and strength, and to discover His plan for us!
1) February 25, 1993 – “Dear children! Today I bless you with my motherly blessing and I invite you all to conversion. I wish that each of you decide for a change of life and that each of you works more in the Church not through words and thoughts but through example, so that your life may be a joyful testimony for Jesus. You cannot say that you are converted, because your life must become a daily conversion. In order to understand what you have to do, little children, pray and God will give you what you completely have to do, and where you have to change. I am with you and place you all under my mantle. Thank you for having responded to my call.”
2) September 25, 1998 – “Dear children! Today, I call you to become my witnesses by living the faith of your fathers. Little children, you seek signs and messages and do not see that, with every morning sunrise, God calls you to convert and to return to the way of truth and salvation. You speak much, little children, but you work little on your conversion. That is why, convert and start to live my messages, not with your words but with your life. In this way, little children, you will have the strength to decide for the true conversion of the heart. Thank you for having responded to my call.”
3) December 2, 2010 – “Dear children; Today I am praying here with you that you may gather the strength to open your hearts and thus to become aware of the mighty love of the suffering God. Through this His love, goodness and meekness, I am also with you. I invite you for this special time of preparation to be a time of prayer, penance and conversion. My children, you need God. You cannot go forward without my Son. When you comprehend and accept this, what was promised to you will be realized. Through the Holy Spirit the Kingdom of Heaven will be born in your hearts. I am leading you to this. Thank you.”
4) January 25, 2002 – “Dear children! At this time while you are still looking back to the past year I call you, little children, to look deeply into your heart and to decide to be closer to God and to prayer. Little children, you are still attached to earthly things and little to spiritual life. May my call today also be an encouragement to you to decide for God and for daily conversion. You cannot be converted, little children, if you do not abandon sins and do not decide for love towards God and neighbor. Thank you for having responded to my call.”
5) May 2, 2016 – “Dear children, my motherly heart desires your true conversion and a firm faith so that you may be able to spread love and peace to all those who surround you. But, my children, do not forget: each of you is a unique world before the Heavenly Father. Therefore, permit the continuous working of the Holy Spirit to work on you. Be my spiritually pure children. In spirituality is beauty. Everything that is spiritual is alive and very beautiful. Do not forget that in the Eucharist, which is the heart of faith, my Son is always with you. He comes to you and breaks bread with you; because, my children, for your sake He died, He resurrected and is coming anew. These words of mine are familiar to you because they are the truth, and the truth does not change. It is only that many of my children have forgotten it. My children, my words are neither old nor new, they are eternal. Therefore, I invite you, my children, to observe well the signs of the times, to ‘gather the shattered crosses’ and to be apostles of the revelation. Thank you.”